New pedestrian safety measures, Anzac Parade, Maroubra
Roads and Maritime Services is introducing new safety measures to reduce the number of serious injuries to pedestrians on this busy stretch of Anzac Parade, Maroubra
Between 2014 and 2018, five people were seriously injured in incidents involving cars and pedestrians over a short stretch of Anzac Parade’s northbound carriageway at Maroubra (between Maroubra and Boyce roads). New safety measures aim to reduce the risk of these incidents in the future.
The pedestrian safety improvements involve:
- a new 40‑metre pedestrian safety fence outside the entrance to Pacific Square shopping centre
- deterring pedestrian access across the northbound carriageway from the Anzac Parade median car park
The proposed changes also include establishing a new ‘No Stopping’ zone on the right lane near the Boyce Road intersection. This will involve a net-loss of 11 parking spaces.
The key benefits to the community include:
- deterring dangerous pedestrian activity along this stretch of road
- encouraging the use of nearby safe, signalised pedestrian crossings
- fewer incidents causing serious injury or worse
We want to hear your feedback on our proposal. You can send an email to our project manager, Ben Borger – Benjamin.firstname.lastname@example.org – or telephone 0429 127 648.