Changes to bus stops along the Bondi Junction to Chatswood bus corridor (route M40)
The NSW Government has funded the Bus Priority Infrastructure Program. The program aims to improve the reliability of bus services on Sydney’s main bus corridors.
Transport for NSW has identified a change to improve the reliability of buses along the Botany to Gore Hill bus corridor.
These changes support Future Transport Strategy 2056, which is the NSW Government’s plan to deliver the future transport network. In this plan, a key customer outcome is safety and performance, which seeks to ensure that every customer enjoys safe travel across a high performing and efficient network. It also reflects what our customers tell us about bus services, with travel time and on-time running being some of the most important service features.
Key outcomes with the bus stop changes include:
- improving safety for bus operations
- making travel times more reliable for customers
- contributing to the NSW Government’s target of 95 per cent on-time running of bus services.
Bus stop changes
As part of this program, Transport for NSW and Roads and Maritime will make changes to the bus stop on:
This stop is serviced by routes M40, 257, 272 and 343.
- extension of the bus zone TSN 206551 by 20 metres to cater for an additional bus
- extension of the footpath by 10 metres
- removal of some minor vegetation.
There are no changes to parking with the bus stop change.
What happens next?
The changes to the bus stop will be implemented by December 2018.
We will keep the community updated throughout the project.
If you have any questions or would like more information please contact the Bus Priority Infrastructure Program team on:
- Phone: 1800 575 250
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Bus Priority PO Box 973
Parramatta NSW 2124
If you need help understanding this information, please contact the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 and ask them to call us on 1800 575 250.