Appin Road upgrade between Rosemeadow and Mt Gilead
The upgrade would be funded by the NSW Government Housing Acceleration Fund and Lendlease to unlock new housing at Mt Gilead and improve safety and access for local residents and through traffic.
About four kilometres of Appin Road, between Fitzgibbon Lane, Rosemeadow and Mt Gilead would be duplicated. Three existing intersections at Copperfield Drive and Kellerman Drive, Fitzgibbon Lane and Kellerman Drive, and the intersection with St Johns Road would also be improved. Two new intersections would be constructed to provide access to the Mt Gilead development.
This upgrade would:
- Improve travel time reliability and efficiency for road users with Appin Road widening from two to four lanes
- Create new connections to the Mt Gilead land release area to support future community needs
- Reduce congestion and increase safety with improvements to the intersections at Copperfield Drive/Kellerman Drive, Fitzgibbon Lane/Kellerman Drive, and Appin Road/St Johns Road
- Increase road capacity to cater for current and future traffic volumes.
Next steps for the project:
- Preliminary site investigations
- Strategic or concept design
- Environmental assessment
- Community comments on strategic or concept design and Review of Environmental Factors
- Submissions report
- Project determination - WE ARE HERE
- Details design
- Start of construction - subject to project approval.
Ongoing community engagement throughout the project lifecycle.