Campbelltown Road upgrade
Roads and Maritime Services is upgrading Campbelltown Road between Hume Highway/Camden Valley Way, Casula and Brooks Road, Denham Court. Stage one is underway and Stage two is being planned and designed.
Roads and Maritime Services is upgrading 5.4 kilometres of Campbelltown Road between Camden Valley Way, Casula and Brooks Road, Denham Court.
The upgrade will meet the needs of the areas current population and the anticipated increase in traffic from the development of the area.
The project is being jointly funded by the NSW Government Housing Acceleration Fund and Landcom (previously known as Urban Growth NSW).
Key features of the project
The Campbelltown Road upgrade will:
- widen Campbelltown Road from one lane each direction to two, with the potential to add a third lane if needed in the future
- improve six intersections along Campbelltown Road by upgrading or installing traffic lights
- build an off-road shared pedestrian/cyclist path
- install designated turning lanes and bicycle and pedestrian crossings at traffic lights.
- Improved safety for motorists by:
- Building new intersections with traffic lights to improve traffic flow and road safety
- Providing a central median to separate traffic
- Providing turning lanes at intersections
- Improved safety for cyclists and pedestrians by providing an off-road shared path
- Improved travel times
- Access to the Edmondson Park town centre from Campbelltown Road
- Improved access and travel times for road freight in Sydney’s south west
What's happening now?
Roads and Maritime Services has started work on the Campbelltown Road upgrade – Stage 1 - between Zouch Road and Ingleburn Gardens Drive, Bardia.
Work began in September 2018 and will be completed by the end of 2020.
Roads and Martime has awarded the major construction contract for Stage 1 to Burton Contractors Pty Ltd.2020.
The rest of the Campbelltown Road upgrade will be built in stages, subject to funding being made available.
Before beginning construction, Roads and Maritime consulted with residents, businesses, local council and other key stakeholders on the proposed plan to upgrade Campbelltown Road.
Based on community feedback we will be:
- widening the roundabout at Denham Court Road, Campbelltown Road and Dickson Road to two lanes to improve traffic flow and ease congestion
- installing a right turn bay from the northbound carriageway of Campbelltown Road onto Bloomfield Road
- reducing the width of Campbelltown Road south of Zouch Road to minimise the impact on nearby property owner while still keeping the road will remain two lanes in each direction