Completed upgrade at Cumberland Highway & Cabramatta Road intersection, Cabramatta
The NSW Government has committed over $825 million to pinch point projects which ease congestion, reduce traffic delays and improve travel times on Sydney's major roads.
Updates and announcements
The intersection upgrade is now complete. View our June 2017 project update (PDF, 336kb) for more information. Many thanks for your patience while we carried out this work.
The intersection upgrade is now complete. View our June 2017 project update (PDF, 336kb) for more information.
Many thanks for your patience while we carried out this work.
The NSW Government completed this intersection upgrade of Cumberland Highway and Cabramatta Road, Cabramatta this project as part of its $225 million Pinch Point Program, which reduces traffic delays, manages congestion and improves travel times on Sydney’s major roads particularly during weekday peak periods.
Our upgrade included:
- extending the third northbound lane on the Cumberland Highway from Cabramatta Road to the bridge over Cabramatta Creek. This would include widening in the Links Avenue intersection
- extending the Cumberland Highway southbound and northbound right turn bays
- converting the southbound bus lane on the Cumberland Highway to an additional through lane
- extending the Cabramatta Road westbound right turn bay
- converting the Cabramatta Road eastbound right turn bay into a dual right turn bay
- converting of the Cabramatta Road eastbound left slip lane into a through and left turn lane
- improving traffic light phasing on the Cumberland Highway at the intersections of Cabramatta Road and Links Avenue
- removing shrubs in the median and replacing the grass median with a concrete median
- adding a pedestrian crossing at the Cumberland Highway and Links Avenue intersection
- changing the existing merge from south of the intersection with Cabramatta Road to south of the bridge over Cabramatta Creek.
Roads and Maritime invited comment on the proposed improvements in January and February 2016, and June and July 2016. We prepared a Community Consultation Report that summarises the feedback we received and our responses. After considering all responses, we decided to proceed with the intersection improvements at Cumberland Highway with Cabramatta Road and Links Avenue, Cabramatta.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who reviewed the proposal and provided feedback.