Richmond Road upgrade from Elara Boulevard to Heritage Road
The NSW Government is planning the upgrade of Richmond Road from Elara Boulevard to Heritage Road.
The upgrade would provide additional traffic light access to fast growing residential developments in the Marsden Park precinct and future commercial and residential developments in Marsden Park North precinct. The upgrade would improve access to and from these fast developing precincts.
Roads and Maritime is proposing to extend the Richmond Road upgrade from Elara Boulevard to Heritage Road.
Richmond Road provides an important east to west link through an area of north-west Sydney that is set to undergo significant land-use and transport changes, including rapid population and employment growth over the next 20 years and beyond. Richmond Road is part of a Flood Evacuation Route.
Upon completion, the Richmond Road upgrade from Elara Boulevard to Heritage Road will improve connectivity to the proposed developments within the Marsden Park and Marsden Park North precincts, permitting additional access to Richmond Road.
- Provide additional signal controlled access for the new commercial and residential developments at Marsden Park and Marsden Park North precincts
- Provide bus bays and bus priority lanes at the signalised intersections
- Increase the road from a single lane to two lanes in each direction
- Provide shared paths for pedestrian and cyclists.
The benefits of the Richmond Road upgrade would include:
- signalised intersections providing safer conditions for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians
- an improved connection between the Marsden Park and Blacktown
- enhanced facilities for active transport
- better drainage.
Roads and Maritime is continuing planning and field investigation work to prepare the strategic design. Below is an outline of the stages of the project and where we are now.