Stage 1 - Windsor Road to Tallawong Road - complete
Stage 1 of the Schofields Road upgrade between Windsor Road and Tallawong Road is complete.
Construction on Stage 1 began in October 2012 and the upgraded section was open to traffic in June 2014.
For more information on the project background, view the project overview page.
- Upgrading the road from a two lane to a four-lane, divided road. The upgrade allows for widening to six lanes in the future
- A speed limit of 60km/h
- Three new signalised intersections at The Ponds Boulevard/Terry Road, Cudgegong Road and Tallawong Road/Ridgeline Drive
- Realignment of Tallawong Road to match up with Ridgeline Drive
- Realignment of Cudgegong Road to accommodate the North West Rail Line
- Twin bridges over Second Ponds Creek
- Designated turning lanes at the signalised intersections
- Bus priority measures at traffic lights and one indented bus bay east of Cudgegong Road
- An off-road, shared path on both sides of the corridor
- New street lighting.