Intersection improvements on Woodville Road, Parramatta Road and Church Street, Granville
The NSW Government is funding this work as part of its $30 million Parramatta Congestion Improvement Program which aims to reduce congestion around the Parramatta local government area by upgrading key intersections that access the Parramatta Central Business District.
Updates and announcements
Roads and Maritime is upgrading the M4 motorway off ramp at Church Street in Granville. This upgrade will include: We will be on site between 11 June 2019 and 20 December 2019, weather permitting, excluding public holidays. To learn more about this work and our work schedule, view the June 2019 project update (PDF, 353Kb).
Roads and Maritime is upgrading the M4 motorway off ramp at Church Street in Granville. This upgrade will include:
We will be on site between 11 June 2019 and 20 December 2019, weather permitting, excluding public holidays.
To learn more about this work and our work schedule, view the June 2019 project update (PDF, 353Kb).
The NSW Government has committed $30 million to the Parramatta Congestion Improvement Program to reduce congestion in Parramatta and surrounding areas by upgrading key intersections.
The Woodville Road, Parramatta Road and Church Street intersection at Granville has been identified as an important intersection to manage the increasing traffic demand and to improve traffic flow around the Parramatta CBD.
Proposed intersection improvements would serve future traffic and transport needs of the Parramatta CBD by reducing queue lengths, and easing congestion at the Woodville Road, Parramatta Road and Church Street intersection.
Proposed intersection works would include:
- three through lanes for southbound vehicles and two through lanes for northbound vehicles along Woodville Road at the intersection of Church Street
- a dedicated left turn lane from Woodville Road to access the M4 Motorway
- dual right turn lanes from Woodville Road to access to Parramatta Road
- a dedicated right turn lane from Woodville Road to access Crescent Street
- maintenance of dual left turn lanes from Crescent St to access Woodville Road
- removal of bus priority lane on Parramatta Road
- a shared through and right turn lane and one dedicated right turn lane from Parramatta Road to access Church Street
- three westbound through lanes along Parramatta Road to access the M4 Motorwamodification of a left turn lane from Parramatta Road to Woodville Road
- maintenance of dual left turn lanes from Church Street to Parramatta Road
- additional right turn lane at the Church Street M4 Motorway eastbound exit ramp
- formalise southbound kerbside lane on Woodville Road from south of Junction Street as left turn only to Parramatta Road
The project will:
• improve traffic flow for Church Street bound motorists with the extended left turn lane
• improve traffic flow for Woodville Road and Parramatta Road bound motorists with the added right turn lane
• ease congestion and increase safety for M4 users with more motorists able to exit easier and through traffic can continue their trips with less risky manoeuvres
We will continue to keep the community informed as the project progresses.