Proposed improvements at the intersection of Wilde Avenue and Victoria Road, Parramatta.
OCT 2019Improving bus service reliability
The NSW Government’s Bus Priority Infrastructure Program is improving the reliability and efficiency of bus services, while easing congestion for all road users.More information
Roads and Maritime Services is proposing improvements at the intersection of Wilde Avenue and Victoria Road, Parramatta, including a dedicated right turn bus lane from Wilde Avenue northbound into Victoria Road
The proposed intersection improvements will reduce delays for bus customers and motorists.
The intersection provides access to a number of high frequency bus routes connecting Parramatta CBD with North-West Sydney, Macquarie Park and Sydney CBD via Ryde. Around 17 bus routes travel through the intersection to and from the Parramatta Transport Interchange. During peak periods more than 85 buses per hour travel through the intersection
The number of bus customers accessing the Parramatta CBD and Transport Interchange via the intersection is expected to increase due to future transport growth.
The proposed improvements to the intersection aim to minimise delays and improve bus travel reliability through the intersection and include:
- A new dedicated right turn bus lane from Wilde Avenue northbound into Victoria Road to enable buses and vehicles to turn right at the same time
- road widening at the:
- eastern side of Wilde Avenue to provide space for the new dedicated right turn bus lane and improved lane widths on Wilde Avenue
- southern side of Victoria Road east of Wilde Avenue to improve kerbside lane widths
- property acquisition and adjustment along Wilde Avenue and Victoria Road within the All Saints Anglican Church which is a property of local heritage significance
- improved pedestrian facilities including realignment of the footpath on the south east corner of Victoria Road and Wilde Avenue and associated utility relocations
Property impacts are:
- Acquisition of a strip of land of varying width from the All Saints Anglican Church
- Relocation and reconstruction of the Church retaining wall and steps
- Removal of about three trees and shrubs from the Church property
- Efforts would be made to minimise impacts on trees and replacement landscaping would be provided in consultation with the Church and the City of Parramatta Council
- Improve the reliability of bus services and journey times through the intersection.
- Ease congestion and improve travel times for all road users particularly during peak periods.
- Reduce crash risk by providing a separate bus lane and widening.
- Provide additional capacity at the intersection to cater for future growth in bus services.
Our public consultation ended on 18 November 2019. We are considering the feedback received and we are preparing a report that outlines the matters raised and our responses. We will publish the report on this webpage.
To find out more about this project:
Phone: 1800 575 250
Write: BPIP project team
Wilde Avenue and Victoria Road, Parramatta
PO Box 973 Parramatta NSW 2124