Snow groomer / plough / freight vehicle
Non-complying vehicles are only offered conditional registration if it is safe to do so and a complying vehicle cannot perform the function.
The following factors are considered when deciding an Application for Conditional Registration and the conditions that are applied to the registration:
- The nature and extent of any failure of the vehicle to meet applicable vehicle standards
- The safety of:
- The vehicle operator
- The vehicle’s passengers (if any)
- The vehicle mixing with other normal complying vehicles
- The vehicle mixing with pedestrians
- Time of day or night of operation
- Special considerations relating to the area of operation (if any).
Note: Operators of oversize and overmass vehicles must also comply with the conditions of the relevant access notice or permit. For more information contact Special Permits Unit on 1300 656 371 for intrastate permits, and the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator on 1300 696 487 for interstate permits.
- Snow groomers and snow ploughs are exempt from the requirement to fit brake and turn lights.
All lighting must be fitted as near as possible to the position specified in Schedule 2 of the Road Transport (Vehicle Registration) Regulation 2017 for light vehicles or Schedule 2 of the Heavy Vehicle (Vehicle Standards) National Regulation (NSW) for heavy vehicles.
|Equipment||24 hour use|
|Amber rotating beacon||Yes|
|Brake and turn lights||Yes|
|Headlights, tail, number plate and clearance lights||Yes|
|Side reflective tape||Yes|
|Rear vision mirror(s)||Yes|
|Only to operate in the area authorised by the NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service||OL99|
|Vehicle to be floated from site to site||L099|
|Flashing amber beacon required and used when vehicle moving||SL1|
|Steering failure warning device / sign required
Note: Applies only to vehicle with hydraulic steering
Roads and Maritime Services office use
|Compulsory Third Party insurance class||
|Registration usage||Not applicable|