Tips to improve your posture while driving on NSW roads. This reduces fatigue and improves comfort, control and safety.
Adjusting your seat
Good driving posture reduces fatigue and improves comfort, control and safety. It’s important to adjust the driver’s seat and controls to suit your height and build.
For good driving posture:
- Adjust your seat so you have a clear view of the road and can easily reach the controls.
- Adjust the steering wheel low, facing your chest.
- Adjust the head restraint for your height.
- Adjust your seatbelt below your hips and with no twists.
- Adjust the mirrors so you have a good view of the rear and sides of the vehicle.
- Have the seat upright to support your back and shoulders.
- Keep your arms bent; thumbs should be on the rim of the steering wheel.
- Keep your knees slightly bent.
- Sit back in your seat.
- Brace your body using your left foot.