Misuse of permits

You can report abuse of Mobility Parking Scheme permits by:

We accept reports where:

  • You know a permit holder and allege they do not have a disability. Roads and Maritime will assess the complaint and investigate when appropriate
  • You see a person who doesn’t appear to have a disability using a permit. Roads and Maritime will assess the complaint and investigate when appropriate
  • You believe a medical practitioner has incorrectly approved a permit. Roads and Maritime will consult with the appropriate medical body.

We cannot accept anonymous calls. If you call or email a report, you need to provide your personal contact details, and details of the alleged misuse of the permit. You should also provide the Mobility Parking Scheme permit number or the name of the permit holder.

We may not be able to properly identify the holder of the permit, or investigate the complaint without these details.

Complaints about medical practitioners

To lodge a complaint about medical practitioners, the practitioner’s provider number should also be included if known.

People without permits parking in disabled spaces

If you spot someone committing a parking offence by stopping in a space reserved for people with a disability, without displaying a valid permit, report it directly to the relevant enforcement officers.

This may be the local council for parking offences in public areas such as streets or council operated car parks.

See the Office of Local Government website for help identifying the right local council.

Private car parks and shopping centres

For possible parking offences in privately operated car parks or shopping centres, report the issue to the manager.

Share this page: