Keeping your account up to date

Its important to keep your electronic tag account up to date. If you don’t, you may not be able to pay your tolls, enjoy reduced administration fees and you be liable for someone else’s tolls.

Like any other product, your electronic tag provider can only operate on the information you provide them.

Contact your tag provider if you:

  • Sell or buy a new vehicle
  • Change a vehicle plate on your vehicle
  • Change your payment details such as close a credit card or report it lost or stolen
  • Loose your tag or report it stolen
  • Change your address, email or phone number

Contact your tag provider today to update your details:

Why doesn’t RMS tell my tag provider I’ve sold my car?

To protect your privacy and for legislative reasons, Roads and Maritime Services does not share change of ownership information with electronic tag providers.

Some customers wish to keep a plate on their account, even after they have sold a vehicle. It is your responsibility to contact your provider and let them know your circumstances.

What happens if I don’t tell my provider?

If you don’t tell your electronic tag provider you’ve sold the vehicle, you may pay for the new owner’s travel if they use a toll road.

Your tag provider can only operate on the information you provide. It is your responsibility to ensure your account details are up to date.

Electronic tag and pass providers have terms and conditions outlining the obligations of you and your provider.

Share this page: