Large recreational vehicle toll rebate
Rebates on tolls are available for large caravans, boat trailers and horse floats.
Reduce the cost of your recreational travel
The rebate applies only to vehicles towing a caravan, boat trailer or horse float.
Drivers towing caravans, boats and horse floats with a total combined length of the car and the towed vehicle greater than 12.5 metres or more than 2.8m high are eligible for cheaper tolls on Sydney's motorways.
The scheme applies to all of Sydney's toll roads, with the exception of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Harbour Tunnel which has a single toll for all vehicles.
The scheme will also apply to motorways that will open to traffic in coming months, including NorthConnex and the WestConnex M5 East/M8.
The rebate is capped at eight tolled trips per month.
When does the scheme come into effect?
Trips from 1 June 2020 will be eligible for the rebate. Transport for NSW is working to have the claim system up and running as soon as possible. Enter your details in the form below for updates on when claims can be made.
Subscribe for updates
Enter your details below to receive updates on the scheme.
How much is the rebate?
The rebate is the difference between the Class B and the Class A toll and will be available for private use vehicles only. This will bring the cost of travelling on a toll road in line with cars for these types of vehicles.
The rebate is capped at 8 toll trips per month.
Who is eligible to claim the rebate?
To be eligible for the rebate, you must:
- Be a NSW resident
- Have both the car and towed recreational vehicle registered in NSW for private, pensioner or charitable use
- Have travelled on a NSW toll road with a car, caravan, boat, or horse float combination detected as a Class B vehicle, and had a Class B toll charged to your toll account
- Have paid Class B tolls with your NSW issued electronic tag
- Have paid the toll in full
- Claim your rebate within 12 months after you receive your toll statement.
How do I claim the rebate?
When the scheme comes into effect:
- Register with your toll tag provider for the recreational vehicle rebate
- You can submit your claim when you receive your toll statement
Rebates will be paid directly into your nominated bank account.
The scheme will be backdated to 1 June 2020.
Stay informed, subscribe for updates on when the scheme is accepting registrations.
How do I set up a toll account?
A range of tag and pass products are available through different providers.